Friday 17 May 2013

Creative Futures Event & Knocking the iBook on the Head

As I've already commented in my previous post on the iBook, I had volunteered to be a part of the Creative Futures Showcase event. Unforetunately, the event has suffered from some poor organisation as it is the first year that it has been tried out and the first time the Uni has trialed the iBook software. The main problem I have suffered from is the fact that the Uni has only installed the iBook Author software in one of the computer rooms, a computer room that has timetabled classes. Therefore, I've had to work around people and, as such, I have not been able to devote any substantial time to the iBook.

My update in the Facebook group.

However, the event organisers said I could still come and promote myself but without my iBook I didn't see much point. I also reasoned that I could use the time more productively. To this end, I completed the second rough cut of the pilot!


I managed to get into the Publishing Lab today to do some more work on the iBook. However, I was still not able to finish it, so I have printed off a paper copy of everything I have managed to do and this I will submit as part of my appendix.

No comments:

Post a Comment